Docker Admin overview
Docker Admin is an early access product.
It's currently available to all company owners and organization owners that have a Docker Business or Docker Team subscription. You can still manage companies and organizations in Docker Hub. For details about managing companies or organizations in Docker Hub, see Administration and security.
The Docker Adminopen_in_new console provides administrators with centralized observability, access management, and controls for their company and organizations. To provide these features, Docker uses the following hierarchy and roles.
- Company: A company simplifies the management of Docker organizations and settings. Creating a company is optional and only available to Docker Business subscribers.
- Company owner: A company can have multiple owners. Company owners have company-wide observability and can manage company-wide settings that apply to all associated organizations. In addition, company owners have the same access as organization owners for all associated organizations.
- Organization: An organization is a collection of teams and repositories. Docker Team and Business subscribers must have at least one organization.
- Organization owner: An organization can have multiple owners. Organization owners have observability into their organization and can manage its users and settings.
- Team: A team is a group of Docker members that belong to an organization. Organization and company owners can group members into additional teams to configure repository permissions on a per-team basis.
- Member: A member is a Docker user that's a member of at least one team in an organization.