Install an extension
For some extensions, a separate account needs to be created before use.
To install an extension:
- Open Docker Desktop.
- From the Dashboard, select Add Extensions in the menu bar. The Extensions Marketplace opens on the Browse tab.
- Browse the available extensions. You can sort the list of extensions by Recently added or alphabetically.
- Choose you extension and select Install.
From here, you can select Open to access the extension or install additional extensions. The extension also appears in the left-hand menu and in the Manage tab.
Update an extension
You can update any extension outside of Docker Desktop releases. To update an extension to the latest version:
- Navigate to Docker Dashboard, and from the menu bar select the ellipsis to the right of Extensions.
- Select Manage. The Manage tab displays with all your installed extensions. If an extension has a new version available, it displays an Update button.
- Select Update.
Uninstall an extension
You can uninstall an extension at any time.
Any data used by the extension that’s stored in a volume must be manually deleted.
- From the menu bar, select the ellipsis to the right of Extensions.
- Select Manage. This displays a list of extensions you’ve installed.
- Select Uninstall.