Develop with DockerEstimated reading time: 1 minute
This page contains a list of resources for application developers who would like to build new applications using Docker.
Work through the learning modules in Get started to understand how to build an image and run it as a containerized application.
Develop new apps on Docker
If you’re just getting started developing a brand new app on Docker, check out these resources to understand some of the most common patterns for getting the most benefits from Docker.
- Use multistage builds to keep your images lean
- Manage application data using volumes and bind mounts
- Scale your app with kubernetes
- Scale your app as a swarm service
- General application development best practices
Learn about language-specific app development with Docker
- Docker for Java developers lab
- Port a node.js app to Docker
- Ruby on Rails app on Docker lab
- Dockerize a .Net Core application
- Dockerize an ASP.NET Core application with SQL Server on Linux using Docker Compose
Advanced development with the SDK or API
After you can write Dockerfiles or Compose files and use Docker CLI, take it to the next level by using Docker Engine SDK for Go/Python or use the HTTP API directly.developer, developing, apps, api, sdk