Develop with Docker
This page contains a list of resources for application developers who would like to build new applications using Docker.
Work through the learning modules in Get started to understand how to build an image and run it as a containerized application.
If you're just getting started developing a brand new app on Docker, check out these resources to understand some of the most common patterns for getting the most benefits from Docker.
- Learn how to build an image using a Dockerfile
- Use multi-stage builds to keep your images lean
- Manage application data using volumes and bind mounts
- Scale your app with Kubernetes
- Scale your app as a Swarm service
- General application development best practices
- Docker for Java developers labopen_in_new
- Port a node.js app to Docker labopen_in_new
- Ruby on Rails app on Docker labopen_in_new
- Dockerize a .Net Core application
- ASP.NET Core application with SQL Serveropen_in_new using Docker Compose
After you can write Dockerfiles or Compose files and use Docker CLI, take it to the next level by using Docker Engine SDK for Go/Python or use the HTTP API directly. Visit the Develop with Docker Engine API section to learn more about developing with the Engine API, where to find SDKs for your programming language of choice, and to see some examples.