Apple M1 Tech Preview
Welcome to the tech preview of Docker Desktop for Apple M1. This tech preview is aimed at early adopters of Apple M1 machines, who would like to try an experimental build of Docker Desktop.
Docker Desktop on Apple M1 chip is still under development. We recommend that you do not use tech preview builds in production environments.
Click the following link to download the Apple M1 tech preview build:
The tech preview of Docker Desktop for Apple M1 currently has the following limitations:
- The tech preview build does not update automatically. You must manually install any future versions of Docker Desktop.
- You must install Rosetta 2 as some binaries are still Darwin/AMD64.
- The DNS name
host.docker.internalonly works if you add
- The DNS name
vm.docker.internaldoes not work.
- Kubernetes does not initialize because of a missing DNS name.
- The HTTP proxy is not enabled.
Not all images are available for ARM64. You can add
--platform linux/amd64to run an Intel image under emulation.
- The kernel may panic. If so, look in
~/Library/Containers/com.docker.docker/Data/vms/0/console.logfor a BUG or kernel panic to report.
- The Restart option in the Docker menu may not work.
Thank you for trying out the Docker Desktop for Apple M1 tech preview. Your feedback is important to us. Let us know your feedback by creating an issue in the Docker Desktop for Mac GitHub repository.
We also recommend that you join the Docker Community Slack and ask questions in #docker-desktop-mac channel.
For more information about the tech preview, see our blog post Download and Try the Tech Preview of Docker Desktop for M1.Docker Desktop, M1, Silicon, Apple, tech preview, dev preview