This section is for administrators who want to enable System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) 2.0 for their business. It is available for Docker Business customers.
SCIM provides automated user provisioning and de-provisioning for your Docker organization or company through your identity provider (IdP). Once you enable SCIM in Docker Hub and your IdP, any user assigned to the Docker application in the IdP is automatically provisioned in Docker Hub and added to the organization or company.
Similarly, if a user gets unassigned from the Docker application in the IdP, the user is removed from the organization or company in Docker Hub. SCIM also synchronizes changes made to a user’s attributes in the IdP, for instance the user’s first name and last name.
The following provisioning features are supported:
- Creating new users
- Push user profile updates
- Remove users
- Deactivate users
- Re-activate users
- Group mapping
The table below lists the supported attributes. Note that your attribute mappings must match for SSO to prevent duplicating your members.
|username||Unique identifier of the user (email)|
|givenName||User’s first name|
Set up SCIM
You must make sure you have configured SSO before you enable SCIM. Enforcing SSO is not required.
Step one: Enable SCIM in Docker Hub
- Sign in to Docker Hub, navigate to the Organizations page and select your organization or company.
- Select Settings. If you are setting up SCIM for an organization you then need to select Security.
- In the Single Sign-On Connection table, select the Actions icon and Setup SCIM.
- Copy the SCIM Base URL and API Token and paste the values into your IdP.
Step two: Enable SCIM in your IdP
Follow the instructions provided by your IdP:
If SCIM is disabled, any user provisioned through SCIM will remain in the organization. Future changes for your users will not sync from your IdP. User de-provisioning is only possible when manually removing the user from the organization.
- In the Single Sign-On Connection table, select the Actions icon
- Select Disable SCIM.