Educational resourcesEstimated reading time: 2 minutes
Docker and the broader community of Docker experts have put together many different ways to get further training and hands-on experience with the Docker platform. Expand your understanding of Docker and Kubernetes with these additional free and paid resources.
Docker and our Authorized Training Partners offer instructor-led courses around the world. Great for teams and organizations and also available for private sponsored classrooms, register for an upcoming class at https://training.docker.com.
Courses offered include:
- Docker Fundamentals
- Docker for Enterprise Developers
- Docker for Enterprise Operations
- Docker Kubernetes Service
- Docker Troubleshooting and Support
* Courses are fee-based
These self-paced and hands-on workshops use free, hosted environments (Play with Docker and Play with Kubernetes) that do not require anything to be installed. Follow along and learn more about Docker and Kubernetes.
* Labs are free but require registration with a Docker ID
Created by experts in the Docker community, these free tutorials provide guided step-by-step workflows for working with the Docker platform.
- Integrating Docker with Your IDE
- Windows Containers
If books are your preferred learning style, check out these from Docker Architect Elton Stoneman:
- Learn Docker in a Month of Lunches (use the code
webdoc40for 40% off)
- Docker on Windows: From 101 to Production with Docker on Windows
Or these written by the Docker Captains. Docker Captain is a distinction that Docker awards to select members of the community that are both experts in their field and are committed to sharing their Docker knowledge with others.
- The Kubernetes Book, Nigel Poulton, Nov 2018
- Docker Deep Dive, Nigel Poulton, March 2018
- Docker in Action Updated (2018) Jeff Nickoloff
- [Portuguese] Docker para desenvolvedores (2017) by Rafael Gomes
Self-Paced Online Learning
A number of Docker Captains have also created video courses on Docker and Kubernetes.
- Bret Fisher: Docker Mastery, Docker Swarm Mastery, Docker Mastery for Node.js Projects
- Nick Janetakis Dive into Docker, Docker for DevOps
- Nigel Poulton: Kubernetes 101, Getting Started with Kubernetes, Docker and Kubernetes: The Big Picture, Kubernetes Deep Dive, Docker Deep Dive
- Arun Gupta: Docker for Java Developers
- Ajeet Singh Raina: Docker and Kubernetes Labs
- [French] Luc Juggery: Introduction to Kubernetes, The Docker Platform
- [Spanish] Manuel Morejón: Integrating Docker to its Infrastructure and Services
* Many of the courses are fee-basedget started, setup, orientation, quickstart, intro, concepts, kubernetes, docker desktop