What will you learn in this module?
The Python getting started guide teaches you how to create a containerized Python application using Docker. In this guide, you’ll learn how to:
- Create a sample Python application
- Create a new Dockerfile which contains instructions required to build a Python image
- Build an image and run the newly built image as a container
- Set up volumes and networking
- Orchestrate containers using Compose
- Use containers for development
- Configure a CI/CD pipeline for your application using GitHub Actions
- Deploy your application to the cloud
After completing the Python getting started modules, you should be able to containerize your own Python application based on the examples and instructions provided in this guide.
Let’s get started!